• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Power light

Started by DarqMan, May 16, 2010, 05:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

After doing 14lbs of spare ribs this weekend I noticed I had a difficult time getting the CT over 200. While I agree that 14lbs is a lot of meat, I would think after many hours the CT would recover and easily rise.  Well, I was sitting in front of the smoker enjoying a cold one....I noticed the temp rise to 220... then the power light on the cabinet just went out but the power light on the SG was still on. The CT dropped to 200 and it came back on.  Does this sound right?  My PID wasn't connected as it's being repaired and shipped back.  Could I have a potential problem with the heating element?  This happened over and over during the day.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

FLBentRider

There is a "high limit" cutoff built into the box, but it should not trigger until the temps approach 300F.

It may be defective, I would call Bradley in the morning.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Need a way to check the CT.  I agree, probably a defect in the equipment.  Bradley will get you fixed right up.

classicrockgriller

Also I "think" I read where the high limit control doesn't

turn back on till it reaches the low temp of 150*.

Kinda sounds like something is not connected good.

Steve, besure and let us know what Bradley says.

DarqMan

Will do Sonny.  I'll call them in the morning.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DarqMan

Bradley said the heat sensor on the back wall may need to be cleaned.

I also noticed this weekend my face plate was cracked where the middle screw was holding it (it wasn't cracked last weekend) so she's sending me new rear feet and a face plate.  I think she said she was sending something else for the sensor, but I was on speaker driving so I'll just have to wait and see what's in the box when it arrives. I think tonight I'm going to turn it on without any food in it and see how far up she'll go.

classicrockgriller

Hmmmmm

Make sure you get a good connection on all your cables.

DarqMan

M repaired PID showed up today so if it is the sensor I should be able to bypass it using the PID just as a test.  Just the smoker is plugged in now (no PID).  I'm going to wait an hour without he SG on and see where she's at.