• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from Vancouver Island

Started by chiroken, May 13, 2010, 08:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiroken

I've posted a few times in the past few days so I'd better officially say hello. My DBS's been in the box for a few months, finally got it out and it's seasoned and ready to go! Actually, it's been seasoned 2x this afternoon as only 1 puck burnt the first time and I'm positive I followed the instructions. No idea what happened? If I can only figure out my cure issue (reading lots of posts) I'd be a happy guy. Hope to be smoking 4lbs of round roast tomorrow morning!

Bought a bit of turkey jerky at a local butcher's shop today and it was PHENOMENAL! Reminded me why I want to make my own (not to mention the $32/lb price tag!) If I can make jerky close to that I'm very happy.

I live on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada enjoy my 2 young kids, sports, and fishing (mostly beach flyfishing for pink and coho salmon, some boat fishing for spring/chinook salmon). With a smoker I can now target Chum salmon, hope to be able to make awesome candied salmon.

Lastly, really appreciate all the "experts" that post here. Tons of experience to hopefully minimize my screw-ups as I become a "smoker".
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

ArnieM

Welcome chiroken.  How can you possibly get a smoker and leave it in the box for a few months  ??? 

For the pucks, you need ((hours * 3) + 3) pucks.

Good luck with your turkey jerky.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

That's Bradley abuse. I think we are going to have to report you to the smoker cops, more commonly known as "Officer Pork Butt". ;D ;D Welcome to the forum neighbour.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DarqMan

Glad to have ya' in the group!

I aspire to do jerky one day too.  Right now, I'm concentrating on learning sausage making.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum chiroken!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

oakville smoker

Welcome a board !
Always great to have some more fellow Cannucks on here
Happy smokin !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

Welcome to the fun chiroken.

Hopin to see pictures of your jerky soon.

RossP

Welcome to the fun chiroken, once you get some Salmon in that smoker
you will never look back. From one BCer to another have fun with your
smoker and do not be afraid to ask questions. That is what everyone is
here for to help each other.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

VI_Smoker

Welcome to the forum Chiroken from a fellow islander.  I too am looking forward to trying some salmon candy and so far I've been really happy with my other efforts in my OBS.