Maple pucks

Started by Oldman, June 11, 2005, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I just open a pack of Maple pucks and man did they shed. If I just moved one in my hand around in the air the stuff kept falling off. Anyone else seen this?

They have been kept in my office so moisture is not a problem.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Out of all the pucks, Maple is the most delicate. Every package of Maple that I every had, flaked a lot. What you are describing, always happens to me.

PS
I collect all the particles that have fallen off the pucks and store them in a plastic container. When I am grilling I place some of the collected particles in a smoke box, and close the lid, to give my grilled food some smoke flavor. As Bradley, I keep the mesquite separate, but not much falls off those pucks.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JJC

Same thing happens to me, Olds.  Still seems like 90% of the puck is still intact, however.  I sometimes use an extra puck or two when I'm using maple.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

oguard

Only the maple pucks seem to be rather brittle.Iwonder if they are made a little different.Good idea Hab I will start saving the small particals.

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Phone Guy

That is a great idea. All the pucks "shed" a little and I never thought of saving the sheds for the grill. You guys are smart. This might be a good idea for a new post. " Tips and ideas" What do you think?