Stuffed Avocado

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 08, 2010, 06:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I have had a few members asking how i did the stuffed avocados so here it is.

What you will need.
2 semi ripe Avocados
Cheese for the filling (your choice)
Meat for filling, OPT Again your choice
Cilantro
Salt, pepper or any seasonings you like for the filler mix.
Seasoned bread crumbs
4 eggs
Shreded montery jack cheese
Canola oil for frying

Prep

Pre heat your frying oil. Normally to 375*

Seperate the eggs,  Mix the Montery jack with the egg yolks, set aside.
Cut Avocados in half length wise, remove seed. Take a spoon and remove some of the Avocado where the seed was to allow for the filling. Peel the skin and place the bare avocado's in the freezer to eliminate any brown oxidation.

Shred the filling cheese or if you use Feta chop it some, Add cilantro, salt, pepper or seasoning and your cooled cooked meat to the cheese stuffing.

Pour bread crumbs on a paper plate or a bowl for coating.

Take Avocado from freezer. Put your stuffing mix into the area where the seed was in both halves and re assemble the avocado. Repeat on the other avocado.

Coat the avocado with the yolk cheese mix. This is the sticky part  ;D  After you have done this roll the avocado in the bread crumbs and coat well.
Repeat on the other avocado.

The cheese that was mixed with the egg yolk will melt and help hold together.

While you were doing all this you had your oil heating right?

Fry the avocado 8-10 mins per side or until golden brown

Dont be upset if the filling cheese does not melt. The Avocado meat is pretty dense.

You can do half fried avocado but i dont know if the filling would fall out while frying.

Serve right away. Great with chips/salsa

Hope this is helpful

Enjoy

Caribou

Thanks Nepas,
I just love these, I think they would really impress any one you served them to.
I want to try them for guests sometime this summer.
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on June 08, 2010, 07:15:01 AM
Thanks Nepas,
I just love these, I think they would really impress any one you served them to.
I want to try them for guests sometime this summer.
Carolyn

YW  ;D

So There

BuyLowSellHigh

This is genius - I never would have thought that you could get these to hang together through frying.  It's truly outstanding !
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

StickyDan

I will be attempting these today.  I'll let you know the results.  Wish me luck.

StickyDan

Wow!!! Stuffed avocados rule.  The wife loved it and so did I.  Bit of a chore to make but well worth the effort.  I'll be doing these again in the near future. THanks Nepa!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: StickyDan on June 09, 2010, 09:02:54 PM
Wow!!! Stuffed avocados rule.  The wife loved it and so did I.  Bit of a chore to make but well worth the effort.  I'll be doing these again in the near future. THanks Nepa!

YW