Two smoker 4th

Started by Caneyscud, July 06, 2010, 06:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

After not saying they wanted anything for the 4th, my female type bosses decided - ribs, chickens, pulled pork.  This decision was transmitted to Planet Caney about 4:00 pm on the 3rd.  Told them I'd have the ribs and chicken ready for the 4th, but the pork for the 5th.  Surprisingly they said ok.  So onto Sam's - no butts or whole chickens - so get a pack of spareribs.  Got butt and chickens at WallyWorld next door to Sams.  So I get home and make a quick judgement, I would not be able to get 3 racks of spares, 2 chickens, and a 7# butt in the Bradley, so enlisted the help of Bandera.  Bandera got the ribs and butt - Bradley got the chicken. 

Spooning Spareribs

My first spatchcocked chickens.  Kinda demure looking ain't they.   May end up as the primary way to cook chicken.  Did not brine, but had to be the moistest, tenderest chicken I have ever done.  Or at least according to my Wife type female boss!  Cooked at 250-260 on cherry. 

All rubbed up butt in the Bandera

Then to honor CRG - I feel his camp breakin pain - I slipped a couple of boudin into the Bandera. 

Don't know if this is a good brand or not - but the only one I have been able to find around here.  I likey!

Part of a chicken, part of a rack or ribs and the boudin posing together!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Some good lookin grub there Caney!! Spatching them birds is easy once you do the first one!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Nice!

I need to try that method sometime...

oakville smoker

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OldHickory

Nice job Caney, it all looks like mighty good eats.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ArnieM

Great looking food Caney and a nice variety.

I gave my daughter and son-in-law a smoker when they moved into their first house last year June.  Taught them about smoking, brine, spatchcock and such.  Looks like they're doing OK. 

This is what they did yesterday.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

They must have raise them chickens to be ladies. Cause they keep their knees together. :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

Way to pull it together on a moments notice Caney

FLBentRider

Nice job!

I feel your pain about going to Sams and finding no butts...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!