• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cornish Game hens

Started by Phantom Smoker, July 22, 2010, 07:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom Smoker

What is your favorite way to make them? I seen a post on them but was hoping to get more ideas and recipies for them. Can you make them the same as regular chickens? I would think yes, but with less time for the lesser amount of meat?

KevinG

Yea, you can do em like you said. To me they taste just like them. I'm not a big chicken fan, but do it occasionally. Thought the game hens might be a little better, but I never noticed a difference. It's nice to do a game hen, since I'm single, but they're a little pricey over here.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

From Wiki:

A Cornish game hen, also sometimes called a Cornish hen, poussin, Rock Cornish hen, or simply Rock Cornish, is a young chicken sold whole. Despite the name, it is not a game bird, but actually a typical chicken that is slaughtered at a young age and therefore is smaller in size. Though the bird is called a "hen," it can be either male or female.

So, yeah, it's a chicken, but costs more  :-\
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

When you prepare them try stuffing them with wedges of citrus (other fruits can also be used) and/or herbs. As with chicken, I like finishing them over a hot grill, often adding a glaze.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Phantom Smoker

Thanks for the ideas guys.