Replacing OBS Door Help

Started by moodyfisherman, June 27, 2010, 11:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodyfisherman

OK I have read several posts about how easy this is....suppose to be a "C" clip on the top hinge to (easily) remove the old door...I must be old and blind because I can't see it. I see the screwed on bottom hinge, but removing the top clip is not in plain view >:( Help me "ole educated ones
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

GusRobin

I think you just open the door, push it up and pull out slightly. This gets it off the bootom hinge. Pull down and it gets off the top hinge. No need to unscrew anything.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

moodyfisherman

OK mission accomplished.....not that easy from following the other "posted" directions. Had to pull the "C" clip on the (bottom) hinge pin, not the top...loosen the screws on the bottom hinge pin assembly......and then convince the door to attach to it's new home...hope I don't have to do that again....
Thanks Bradley for the new door under warranty coverage. Best customer service I have ever experienced in my life.
Look out Independence day, the smoker is back in action....yee haw ;D

classicrockgriller

I read this post and went out and tryed to take mine off and couldn't. ;D

moodyfisherman

Thanks CRG....I don't feel so bad now. It took two of us to un-engineer the door...have to give credit to Bradley for a good design on a secure door.

DTAggie

Had this issue a few months back.  There is no pin to remove.  Was a pain the butt.  New door has already cracked again on bottom hinge.  Need to call and get another before warranty is up.

babybacks

Quote from: moodyfisherman on June 27, 2010, 06:15:13 PM
have to give credit to Bradley for a good design on a secure door.

Not sure if I agree with you here. If it was a good design, perhaps it wouldn't break so easily?

My door broke over the weekend, and from the research I've done, it seems to be a very common problem.

Uncle Pigfat

if you take the little c clip off the bottom pin and push the door up far enough it'll come off.  There's no bottom on the top pin, but it's pretty long.  Getting the new door on was a bigger pain, IMO.  My BDS should be here today so hopefully  the door construction is a bit better and my OBS can find a new home where it won't be moved around as much. 

DTAggie

Now you see why I am putting off getting my second replacement door on.  Ordered it to make sure it was under warranty.  The current hangs on the bottom pin but it does close and seal.  But I LOVE my OBS.

moodyfisherman

Quote from: babybacks on July 28, 2010, 12:34:43 PM
Quote from: moodyfisherman on June 27, 2010, 06:15:13 PM
have to give credit to Bradley for a good design on a secure door.

Not sure if I agree with you here. If it was a good design, perhaps it wouldn't break so easily?

My door broke over the weekend, and from the research I've done, it seems to be a very common problem.

I said secure door that is hard to take off...not strongly made....like out of indestructible steel .....If the OBS could be manufactured out of light gauge stainless steel at the same price to the public we would not have to replace plastic parts and pieces of a great smoker otherwise...I luv mine none the less.
Moody