• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rib Feast for 11 ppl

Started by pdubbu, August 06, 2010, 10:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdubbu

I am having 11 friends over for some beer, bola ball, ribs, and ufc tomorrow....

Here are 9 racks of back ribs we got yesterday for just under $90

Here they are piled hit and with membranes removed...I couldn't get the smell off my hands after washing 3 times so I had to resort to using my g/f girly hand cream to mask the smell...lol

I am going to take pics during the whole process....stay tuned!!

FLBentRider

I wish I was one of those friends...

Make sure you have a rack rotation plan for even cooking.

I do front to back and top to bottom every couple of hours at least.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

watchdog56

I did 12 full racks of spare ribs Christmas time and I could not get them done in my 4 rack digital. The temp would not come up. I am in Minnesota but have used the smoker in the winter a few times. Had to pull ribs and put on grill then in oven to get them all done at same time.

My suggestion is you don't go by the 3-2-1 method. Instead rub them the night before then put them on plenty early maybe 10 hours before and just watch them till the meat pulls back off the bone. Then sauce them with about 1 hour to go or until sauce gets tacky. Again my racks were cut to the size of  a Bradley rack so it looks like they were bigger but you can always foil them to keep them warm in the oven if done earlier. Don't forget to rotate racks front to back and up and down.
Good Luck.

classicrockgriller

Sounds like fun. Will be watching the progress!

Drink one for me to the bola champ.

pdubbu

Will do bent!

Thanks for the tip watchdog!!

Hahaha...I think I can oblige rocker!

hal4uk

pdubbu, uhhh.. just sayin'...  fresh ribs really shouldn't have that much "smell"...  (?)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

pdubbu

I am not worried about the smell, it wasn't a bad smell that I haven't smelled from ribs a bunch of other times.  But when handling that many racks its bound to linger a little more that's all.  Thanks for the observation and concern though!

Uncle Pigfat

I know the smell you're talking about. Not rancid, just bloody and porky.  I smelled it last night when I prepped the rack I'm making for myself for lunch due to an impulse buy when BBRs were on sale this week.

pdubbu

Well don't stay tuned for any other pictures, I accidentally re-formatted my memory card and lost them all  >:(

But anyways....it took a long long time for all of the ribs to finish.  I rotated top to bottom, front to back, etc...some racks were finished before others.  If you're thinking about doing a whole wack of ribs like this, you definitely won't be able to use the 3-2-1 method.  Use a good rub and mustard coating and watch for the meat to pull back from the bone.