• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Patiently waiting

Started by drstglv, June 20, 2005, 09:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drstglv

<b></b><font color="pink"></font id="pink"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana">

Just found out my wife ordered me a BS for Fathers Day, and I'm (im)patiently awaiting its arrival.  I'm lucky enough to stumble upon this forum of "seasoned" veterans to help me in my smoke filled journey with my BS.  First question, Do i need to get a meat thermometer?

MallardWacker

What a great wife....  Welcome to the forum--hope to see you around.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

Yes, you will need a meat thermometer. I recommend the Maveric 73, dual probes, one for the smoker temp and one for the meat temp. There is a thermometer in the door of the smoker but they are not as accurate and sometimes way off.

Welcome,
Mike

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">First question, Do i need to get a meat thermometer?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I normally don't use one... but then again I've been smokin' 48 years by my last count.

I do have a single probe that I use for sausage. Now be forwarned, the thermometer in the door maybe be off. You will want to check it for sure.

Olds

EDIT: PhoneGuy is faster typer than me... *Olds Gets Out The Hand Oil*

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I planned on ordering a BS before I made a cruise to Alaska.  Of course, the menu on board and on many of the off-ship venues included smoked and fresh salmon. My wife loves salmon.   I got my first one to make that at home for her!  [:D] [:D]  Of course, I now smoke a few things for myself once in awhile too.  But I got it for her.  Getting pretty deep isn't it?

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

Bill, I think I'm gonna have to buy some taller boots![:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Bill, I think I'm gonna have to buy some taller boots![:D][:D][:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Shoot I just got out my life-boat, and jacket~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Just in case, anybody got Noah's cell phone number?[:D][:D]

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

drstglv

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drstglv</i>
<br /><b></b><font color="pink"></font id="pink"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana">

Just found out my wife ordered me a BS for Fathers Day, and I'm (im)patiently awaiting its arrival.  I'm lucky enough to stumble upon this forum of "seasoned" veterans to help me in my smoke filled journey with my BS.  First question, Do i need to get a meat thermometer?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks all for the replies.................we'll be chatting soon!

jaeger

Welcome to the forum Ed.
I would agree with Phone Guy regarding a thermometer. This will speed up your smoking/cooking time as you will not have to open the door to check temps manually. Every time that you open the door during a smoke/cook you may as well add on at least 20 minutes to regain lost heat.
 Also, pick up a copy of Smoke and Spice by the Jamisons.
Don't forget to take a look at the recipes on our "sister site".
Here is the link.

http://www.susanminor.org/

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Bill, I think I'm gonna have to buy some taller boots![:D][:D]

Kirk

Better roll up your pants--it's too late to save your shoes . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drstglv</i>
<br /><b></b><font color="pink"></font id="pink"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana">

Welcome to the Forum, Ed!  The Mav ET-73 is an excellent value at under $40.  If you have a big budget ($300+), ask nsxbill or one of the other Raptorites about their temp measureing setups!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA