• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just starting out

Started by Gtsviper, September 11, 2010, 01:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gtsviper

I just got my Bradley Smoker last weekend and doing my first test, two racks of ribs and one rack of salmon. I,m using a rub on both the salmon and the ribs. My wife told me not to smoke all the ribs she wants to cook hers in the oven. NO Confidence what so ever. They have been on about 1/2 hour or
(1 beer), temperature at about 150 and climbing. I,m using two brick wrapped with foil, (nice tip) also boiling water for the pucks (again nice tip). At this rate I figure about 10 beers or 5 hours which ever comes first. I also have two nice sockeye salmon fresh from the dock five minutes from my home. I will try these another time. Well time for another beer I guess, my son and wife are laughing at me while I sit outside and stare at the little black box.

GusRobin

Quotemy son and wife are laughing at me while I sit outside and stare at the little black box.

Oftens happens with the non-believers (until the meat is ready then you are a genius.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum Gtsviper.

Your beer/time ratio sounds about right  ;D

Don't just sit there and stare it.  Walk around it.  Check the temp and the vent.  Knock on the side of it.  Remember, people are supposed to think this is work.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

I like your unit of measurements!

Gtsviper

Well I,m four hours in, I had to stop the beer as a counter, I felt like I needed a nap. Anyways I,m trying the 321 method but forgot the apple juice,any other suggestions.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Gtsviper on September 11, 2010, 05:04:39 PM
Well I,m four hours in, I had to stop the beer as a counter, I felt like I needed a nap. Anyways I,m trying the 321 method but forgot the apple juice,any other suggestions.

Any liquid will help.   Even a few splashes of that beer you were drinking...   ;)

GusRobin

As STC said, I use beer or apple Juice , even beef broth in a pinch.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Gtsviper

Thanks guys, now I have to open another beer. I just took the salmon out and it was delicious even if I say so myself, The son loved it too and wife said it was ok just a little bit salty. She's nibbling on it now. ha-ha-ha

Quarlow

Hey Gt welcome to the forum. I have to ask, if you have fresh sockeye 5 min.s from you then you must be on the westcoast? I am in Surrey B.C. and there are many of us wetcoasters here in the lowermainland and close by in Washington state. Don't worry about the wife with the oven cooked ribs. She will either love yours and you will have to cook them all that way next time or she won't and then you and your son get to eat them all to yourselves. It's a win-win situation.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Gtsviper

Yes,a real west coaster, Richmond BC