• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

preheat smoker

Started by gb186, September 21, 2010, 11:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb186

new to this waiting for smoker to come in thursday i know this might sound stupid when i preheat obs does the smoke generator have to be on while its warming up ?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: gb186 on September 21, 2010, 11:19:58 AM
new to this waiting for smoker to come in thursday i know this might sound stupid when i preheat obs does the smoke generator have to be on while its warming up ?

You dont have to have it on but its a good idea so the wood starts to smoke as soon as it slides into the spot.

FLBentRider

I usually start the smoke generator when I start the smoker pre-heat.

Then I load pucks when I load food, and advance the first one onto the burner.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

gb186

thank you i think im close to getting ready for my first smoke

GusRobin

By the way, your "stupid" question has probably been asked many times so no need to hesitate to ask. The thing that is nice about this forum is that everyone has been where you are at one point or another and wants to pass along the help they received. So never hesitate to ask, no matter how "stupid" you think it is. The only stupid one is the one that screwed up your smoke because you didn't ask.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

I strongly suggest you turn the SG on when you start the whole unit.  Will help with preheat and will help with completely using the first pucks.