• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New door install -- gasket problem

Started by Smokeville, September 13, 2010, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

I got the new door by expedited hyper-fast express and managed to figure out how to hang it.

The problem is the gasket -- it is very hard pressed and doesn't make consistent contact with the smoker box. At points there must be almost 1/4" gap.

I've taken a blow-dryer to it and warmed it up and pulled it to try and decompress, and that seems to help, but is this normal for those of you who have replaced a door?

Thanks, Rich

Smokeville

I think I solved it -- I turned on the heat element and slowly the gasket has been releasing itself. A little tug here and there and it is looking good.

Tenpoint5

I was going to suggest loosening the screws on the panel inside the door to help it relax then re-tighten them.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokeville

I let it heat for a while and all is well.

I really have to give Bradley credit for the door replacement. Just great service, and an example for all companies on how to keep customer loyalty.

ninerguy

I had to replace a door about 3 weeks ago.  Called the office and they had one shipped to Ontario Canada in 4 days.  When it arrived I again called and talked to Brian.  He explained how to change it and said if I had any trouble just call back.  He was right it took a little effort and not loosing the c clip was tricky but had it changed in about 20 min.  While I was changing the door I realized the face plate was cracked right at the temp control switch.  Called back and had a new one in 5 days.  Just a great company to do business with.  I have a question though?  When I changed my door the temp gauge did not go back to zero.  Did yours work OK?

ninerguy
When my feet hit the floor in the morning I know it's a good day

classicrockgriller

I would believe you should be glad it didn't go to zero.

It is reading the temp inside the box and if it is zero, you are too cold to smoke.

Habanero Smoker

Ninerguy;

When the smoker is off, the temperature gauge will display the ambient temperature in the cabinet, which usually is the current air temperature or higher.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ninerguy

Thanks Guys: Guess I wasn't using the brain on that one.  Makes sense. :-[ Will be using the OBS a lot over next 2 weekends.  Requests for 80 ABT's this weekend and next.

ninerguy
When my feet hit the floor in the morning I know it's a good day

Habanero Smoker

Don't be too concerned about it. I have plenty of bloopers on this forum. :-[ :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

starship

Don't we all!  Is that a green Bradley?
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Habanero Smoker

It's not a picture of an actually Bradley, just a graphic. It green for now. I change the color at the change of seasons, and on holidays (when I remember when it is a holiday). Next week it will be autumn, so the smoker will have its fall colors.

I
         don't
                   inhale.