• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I'm the only one to remember this????

Started by Oldman, June 28, 2005, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I don't have just 1
I don't have just 5
I don't have just 10
I don't have just 15
I've got 17 pineapples in full fruit~~!
Plus six more flowering...

You may call me old...
You may call me slow...
But you can only call me Pineapple_Raye in the ambience of the deep rich Golden Fruit.

So come on Martha..., your Daddy done gone and got it all figured out~~~~~~!

Is that ice I see in a tub with salt poring on it? Could it be the beginning of HO-Made Pineapple Ice Cream served on top of a raw apple cake and HO-Made Caramel sauce...

Oh those memories of yester-year. When time was slower, grander and yet--but to be realized...May I have some more lemon aid...Please!

Cha Chin... Cha Chan...So smile Martha...your Daddy done gone and got it all figured out~~~~~~! Cha Chin.....Cha Chan--Tis the sweetness of yester-year...Cha Chin.....Cha Chan.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Pics, brother pics!

You are funny Olds, you do communicate well.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

Oldman

You can hardly see the pineapple for the pups growing up around it from the base of the stalk. I average 20 pups per fruit.... (each pup becomes a new plant.) You can search the net until you are to tired and not see 20 pups around another fruit... Maybe you will find one with 3, 4 or 5 but not 20~~!

It is all in the special seasoning I add to the soil before I smoke....er wrong plant [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I don't like ice cream, but after reading your post I have an urge to get some pineapple ice cream [:p]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

oguard

Good job Olds[:)][8D].Grilled Pineapple is a fav of mine.Sprinkle a little ground black pepper on some slices and grill over medium/high heat till you you get some nice grill marks on them.Serve with some caremel sauce a real tasty desert[:p].My kids go crazy for it but at $4.99 a pineapple it isn't on the menu every night.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Is that ice I see in a tub with salt poring on it? Could it be the beginning of HO-Made Pineapple Ice Cream served on top of a raw apple cake and HO-Made Caramel sauce...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
First of all - nice to see your pineapples back again - did anything ever come of your multi-pup discovery last year?  You had mentioned some people were interested in them.

Secondly - lay off the brandy man!  We all know your wife to be a very refined lady of high moral standard, and your comments do not reflect the high esteem to which we hold the lady of Olde House[;)]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Secondly - lay off the brandy man! We all know your wife to be a very refined lady of high moral standard, and your comments do not reflect the high esteem to which we hold the lady of Olde House<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> UH?

Olds

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Secondly - lay off the brandy man! We all know your wife to be a very refined lady of high moral standard, and your comments do not reflect the high esteem to which we hold the lady of Olde House<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> <font color="blue">UH?</font id="blue">

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Olds,
Was supposed to be a joke reflecting your use of text.
"<font color="red">HO</font id="red">-Made Pineapple Ice Cream served on top of a raw apple cake and <font color="red">HO</font id="red">-Made Caramel sauce..."

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Phone Guy

How come the pineapples I get are mostly green? That is a nice looking piece of fruit.

Oldman

Phone Guy,

While there is a green pineapple, I cannot express the dangers of eating an unripped pineapple strong enough. It can flat out kill you. Even today in some parts of the world an ounce or so of green--unrippen pineapple--is given to women for three days to make them abort their babies.

Next the center piece of a pineapple is really the plant's stock. A pineapple is not one fruit. Each eye is its own berry. These berries grows on the outside of that stock. The crown you see on top of the pineapple berries is an extention of that stock. You eat one or two of the centers and it will complete block up your lower intestions as you cannot not digest it at all.

At that point you will have surgery or die very painfully.

Now unlike most other fruits the berries do not have excess starch to convert to sugar. So allowing a pineapple to over rippen in order to sweeten it does not happen. The reason you have greenish pineapples in the store is the grower is gaming that the pineapple when he picked it has all of the starch it will get. Which is true.

On this is where I differ... While I do agree with the timeline for the starch, what I have found over the 16 plus years of growing them is you can force MUCH more starch into the pineapple before that timeline. My pineapples are so sweet that when you peel them you will chew the outer peelings. When you cut them you do it in a dish due to the vast amount of sweet pineapple juice--that you don't want to run all over the place and lose it.

The signature mark of the greatest tasting pineapples are those pups you see around the base of it. The plant will not produce those in that quanity, coloring or size unless the fruit itself cannot accept any more nutrients. In other words you have overfed your baby with the highest quality foods.

BTW you cannot do this with chemical fertilizers. The amount needed to get to this level would kill the plant from the salts of chemical fertiliezers. This can only be done organically. It took me almost 10 years to come up with the forumla to make this happen.

Look at the coloring of this Flower. Look at its shine...show me something as bright or full of light as this:

The truth is this is not a flower. It is the beginning of another pineapple.

Nevertheless, when you see this in your own garden for the first time you smile as you look upwards... and give thanks for the knowledge you have been allowed to learn...

If you care to ask me how I know so many things... I will tell you as others before you... 25 plus years ago I stopped watching TV. When I'm in between calls with customers I'm reading and I check what I read against other publication and my own application...

When you are 55 years of age there is no time to listen to that commerical on TV  trying to tell you how to make your life better.

I figured that out a long time ago...

Olds

Phone Guy

I wish we had the climate here that would alow us to grow pineapple. When I do purchase one, what should I look for? There are some that have alot of yellow.

Oldman

In a suppermarket look for the smell. Now where do you live...?

I have friends in Canada that through my information grow great tasting pineapples. In fact the ones they grow came from my pups...

If you really want to grow a couple I can help you...  Let me know... I'm going to help Fuzzybear as soon as these next set of pups are ready to be mailed out.

I could grow a bannana or pineapple in a snow cover land... it just takes a little bit of work.

Most folks don't want to give the effort...then again you're a food smoker... so go for it.

Let me know... I'm in high hopes to send out Fuzzybear's pup in the next 120 days. You can have a couple as well. The first time around you will spend 100 bucks in set up and food. After that maybe 50 bucks per 5 years if you compost.

If you have children the lesson learned is worth more than the monies spent.  Besides if you listen to me you will have many pups of your own and when your friends come over there is that WOW factor... You can then teach them... it is not like you will have a lack for pups to give away. You won't~~!

Olds

Phone Guy

I live in far northern California. Temps range from a low of say 30 to a high of sometimes 115 deg. My in-laws have a nice green house/ sun room. Its not to cold here but it get <font color="red">real hot</font id="red">. The humidity is low.

Oldman

At 32F it really hurts a pineapple. At 28F and you throw it out if you have not protected it. Otherwise, pineapple growing for me is the most pest/ virus free item I've ever grown.

If you want a couple of these pups getting them into California might require a *cough* shipment.

Olds