• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tom Petty/ZZ Top

Started by classicrockgriller, September 24, 2010, 08:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

StickyDan

It's sad to say, but the rockers gotta rely on tickets and merch sales to survive now days.  Nobody is making money off record sales anymore, or videos for that matter.  I can't remember the last time I saw a video on one of those "music video" channels. Aerosmith was just here and they wanted something like 180$ a ticket.  I'm sure the shirts where in the 50$-60$ range too. 
The wife just went to go see Lady Gaga (yeah, I know) for 170$.  Plus she paid 20$ for cheapo Lady Gaga sunglasses.  Not to mention 8$ a beer and your not even aloud outside for a cigarette.   Things just ain't right.

classicrockgriller

Beers were $11 and bottled water was $4.

Gizmo

The temp got up to 113 yesterday.  Thank God it was dry heat, but that was still too hot.

StickyDan,
You should tell your wife to try out for commercials and video spots.  The wife of one of the guys I work with went up to LA a few months back and was one of the extras in a Lady Gaga video.  She had a blast.  I believe she also got paid for it as well.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

StickyDan

CRG, really?  11 bucks a beer?  Ouch.  Now that's insane.  Double digits for a beer.
Gizmo, Some things are best left unsaid.  There's no need to encourage.   ;D ;D On the other hand could use the money from the video shoot to pay for the $11 beer. Hmmm....