• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The little things!

Started by Quarlow, September 30, 2010, 08:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Well today I was having what I consider a stressing day. I got up at 5 am to start work at 6:30 am. run around town a bit and then loaded an empty sea container go to a place called Mt Vernon Wa. It is about an hour and a half from vancouver. I had a 12 noon appointment to load the can at a cold storage place down there. I got there at 11:15 just to make sure I wasn't held up anywhere and end up late. When I checked in the told me just to wait and they would come out and tell me which door to park in. At 1:00 I went in to see what was up cuase he had said it would only be 1/2 hr. He told me to go to door 2 and they would load me right away, so I did. When I backed in to the dorr they closed all the doors and that was the last I saw of them for some time. At 2:00 I went and banged on the door to see if anyone was in there and I could hear voices and someone said lodly "QUIET". very strange. So I went back to my truck and waited somemore. At 2:30 I lost my sense of HaHa and banged on the door to which they finally opened it and said the were about to start loading me but they had to wait for the paper work which just got there. Ya right. So I went back to my truck while they loaded it. 35 mins later the truck is loaded and I have all my paper work. I hand them a bill of lading for the waiting time as per our company and they all look at each other like they were just shot with a ball of there own sh#$t and one guy reluctantly signs it after I explained that this was standard policy and the company they work for has no problem with it.
As pissed as I was I left 5 guys from south of the other U.S. border in a very pale state of mind. And their faces were white as a ghost too.
So off I go head for home, fuming that they took so long and were obviously not doing what they should be doing and now my nice quick load that would have had me home for about 3:00 for a nice change of pace instead of finishing at 7 or 8 at night that I have been doing since I started back to work. Well I am driving along I-5 north for the border when I see an obviously down and out older guy walking along the paralleling road to the I-5 and he is holding a big sign and just walking along like no bodies business. When I got close enough to read the sign it had just one word on it. "PEACE" Well how could you do anything other than give him a couple of toots of the air horn and have a good chuckle. He wave as I went by, but he didn't even look up as trodded along I hope I have that kind of an outlook on life at his age to just go out walking with big sign that says something as loud as his sign did.
Then I thought of Darqman and then of myself afew months ago and the other forum members who have come onto hard times and thought to myself this is not worth being upset about and just cruised along for the rest of the trip and all the way home. " NO WORRIES MATE" it will all be ok.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Amen Brother!! It just isn't worth it. To get all stressed out over the little things. For they are what make us stronger. (Kids included)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

That is WHY we love You Colin!

You just discovered the secrect of life.

Some things you can change and you are obligated to do your best.

Some things you can't and you just have to .... Don't worry, Be HappY!

BuyLowSellHigh

Good outlook!  Like the book of the same title says, don't sweat the petthy things (and they're all petty).

Does that mean it's okay to pet the sweaty things?   :-\
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Quarlow

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on October 01, 2010, 05:28:52 AM
Good outlook!  Like the book of the same title says, don't sweat the petthy things (and they're all petty).

Does that mean it's okay to pet the sweaty things?   :-\
YAAA MON

OBS
BBQ

KyNola

You could not be more correct.  This week I got a call from an old friend, 30 plus years,to the hospital to take care of some banking business.  Learned he has stage 4 aggressive kidney cancer that has already found it's way to the bones.

Ever since then when something that normally sets me off, I actually say out loud "Larry, it's not kidney cancer".  That will snap your @ss right back into reality.

All the best Terry!  I've got your back.