• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

French Dip Sandwiches

Started by Bad Flynch, July 06, 2005, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Flynch

A favorite sandwich at my house is to take the cold smoked brisket out of the refrigerator, slice it, and warm it up in onion soup. Then make a sandwich with a bare hoagie bun and use the onion soup for dipping like a French Dip Sandwich. We get a lot of mileage out of a brisket that way, using up cold meat.

B.F.
B.F.

Lasse

Sounds good. Will try it.

/Lasse

psdubl07

If you're cold-smoking it, and only warming it up in the soup, at what point and how are you cooking it?

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by psdubl07</i>
<br />If you're cold-smoking it, and only warming it up in the soup, at what point and how are you cooking it?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am assuming here the brisket has been cooked and it is cold(like fridge cold)smoked brisket[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Bad Flynch

The brisket that I normally use has been smoke-cooked. However, I have some experience cooking in a restaurant and I know that if you took cold smoked brisket and sliced it thinly, it would cook in short order in the onion soup; it wouldn't take much longer than it would to warm it up. A sandwich with medium rare or medium done meat would be fine for me

B.F.
B.F.