• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Man what a ride

Started by OU812, November 01, 2010, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

If you go out in the middle of a huge ocean and stick your finger in the water, it feels just as if you stuck it in a glass of water.  That's because fluid pressure has nothing to do with volume; it's directly proportional to depth.  As such, while not often thought of as a fluid, grain in a bin acts like a fluid, adhering to the laws of fluid dynamics.  Therefore, the pressure, at the bottom of a loaded grain bin, is massive, necessitating greater and greater numbers of rings the closer you get to the bottom.  And that is why I'm still running this whole move thing through my head...  Good Lord...  Whatta job.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Habanero Smoker

Welcome back. Glad to see you posting again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Pachanga

OU,

It may have been quite a ride, but you kept getting back on.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Welcome back.

Pachanga

SouthernSmoked

Welcome back! Look forward to seeing more post from you, so rest those fingers for a bit!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Quote from: hal4uk on November 01, 2010, 10:13:38 PM
If you go out in the middle of a huge ocean and stick your finger in the water, it feels just as if you stuck it in a glass of water.  That's because fluid pressure has nothing to do with volume; it's directly proportional to depth.  As such, while not often thought of as a fluid, grain in a bin acts like a fluid, adhering to the laws of fluid dynamics.  Therefore, the pressure, at the bottom of a loaded grain bin, is massive, necessitating greater and greater numbers of rings the closer you get to the bottom.  And that is why I'm still running this whole move thing through my head...  Good Lord...  Whatta job.

This is very true, but, the bin is empty. So we are not dealin with any of those pressures.  ;D

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 02, 2010, 11:29:30 AM
Welcome back OU812

Thanx.

Now I'm gonna havta find my camera again.  ::)