• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Do u realy need to buy jerky racks?

Started by elweezo, November 06, 2010, 10:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Once I put jerky in a smoker, a cheap one that didn't work very well.    It wouldn't finish the jerky so I had brain storm, or should I say fa*t.    I brought the smoked jerky in the house, and put it in my dehydrator.   I had to go out so left it running.    When my wife and I got home the jerky was done and the house reaked of smoke.   My wife likes the smell of smoked food but not a house that reaked of smoke.   Needless to say I was in the dog house for a few days :(.  I guess it wasn't the brightest thing I ever did.

FLBentRider

Quote from: RAF128 on November 10, 2010, 12:31:52 PM
Once I put jerky in a smoker, a cheap one that didn't work very well.    It wouldn't finish the jerky so I had brain storm, or should I say fa*t.    I brought the smoked jerky in the house, and put it in my dehydrator.   I had to go out so left it running.    When my wife and I got home the jerky was done and the house reaked of smoke.   My wife likes the smell of smoked food but not a house that reaked of smoke.   Needless to say I was in the dog house for a few days :(.  I guess it wasn't the brightest thing I ever did.

I keep my Dehydrator in the garage for that reason.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

RAF128