• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sausage Field Trip to Local Butcher

Started by smoker pete, November 18, 2010, 08:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Visited my local butcher, Fagundes Meats in Manteca, CA.  Did not get a chance today to get my hands dirty but the visit was priceless cause I got a chance to watch and pick the brains of some accomplished sausage makers.  Today they were processing Venison Snack Sticks and Linguiça sausages.  The good part is that I'm welcome to return anytime I want and get more training.  I even volunteered to work for free just to perfect the art of sausage making.  Time will tell  :)
Fagundes Meats

Meat Grinder

Grinder being fed

Venison ready to be stuffed.  They process each deer individually to the customer's specs

50 lb hydraulic stuffer

Stuffing Linguiça

Tying off the sausages

Venison Snack Sticks and Linguiça drying and ready for the smoker

Sausage in smoke house

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

DTAggie

jiggerjams

BuyLowSellHigh

That's very cool!  Looks like a great place.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KyNola

Pete,
That is so very cool.  I would love to have the opportunity to hang out and observe a place like that.  I am very envious right now.

3rensho

I'd say you hit the jackpot in places to hang out.  Must have been a blast.  Color me GREEN
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Tenpoint5

Way cool Grasshopper. They may be working in larger batches than we do but everything is the same just on a different scale. Learn as much as you can.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!