My First Turkey

Started by SnellySmokesEm, November 21, 2010, 06:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

Looks great!

I did a Big Easy turkey today too, but no smoke since I wasn't at my house.  We didn't have the probes in deep enough and the temp read higher of course.  Sliced into it and it wasn't done.  Had to put it into the oven for an hour.  First time using TBE with a turkey so next time it will better.

JZ

Excuse my ignorance but what do the following stand for:
FTC
SRG
TBE

SnellySmokesEm

The turkey turned out pretty good and had  a nice smoke flavor.  I think I should pulled at 160 degrees.  The temp still rose to 172.  Also the ftc process ruined the crispiness of the skin.  All in all the cook was a huge success.  My main goal was to cook my first turkey and be able to slice the breast for turkey sammies....  I think I accomplished both, you?

An added bonus:  Got to pull out my new food savor vac sealer that I got for less than $4
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: JZ on November 21, 2010, 06:51:16 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what do the following stand for:
FTC
SRG
TBE

FTC - Foil Towel Cooler: This meaning when the meat comes out of the smoker you wrap it tight in foil, then in layers of towels then stick it in an old cooler chest to keep WARM not cold for a few hours. This finishes the cooking process and makes the meat very tender and easy to pull or slice. Hope this helps you out
SRG - Smoker Roaster Grill
TBE - The Big Easy
Here is a pic of the big easy smoker roaster grill
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

Nice Nice Nice!   Love me some Turkey.... 

JZ

Thanks for the info.

I don't have a Big Easy and I am pretty sure if I tell my wife that I need something else to cook with she will put my butt in the OTB, the Big Chief, the Little Chief and then each one of the 4 BBQ's we have.

Even after all of that I am sure my butt will still not be tender   ;) ;)