• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pickled Ring Bologna

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 25, 2010, 09:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Did 2 lbs of smoked ring bologna so i said...................HEY

Pickle it  ;D

2 lbs smoked sausage or ring bologna
2-3 onions cut
1 cup water
3 cups white or cider vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 T red pepper flakes.

Cut bologna and onions and layer in the container. Mix the ingredients and boil for 5 mins. Let cool for 30 mins before pouring over sausage and onions. Cover and fridge. The longer it site the better.

RAF128

OU812

I know that'll be gooood.

I love pickled sausage.

NePaSmoKer

This was for my neighbor. I told him the longer it sets the better......He didnt listen and its half gone  :D

bundy

Good looking stuff NEPA, I make that all the time and has sat in the frig for as long as 3 months. I add a tsp of red food color to the brine so it looks like store bought!

classicrockgriller

Pass the Beer and Cheese!

Sounds mighty good!

smokeNcanuck

pickled sausage use to be a bar staple around here, Looks GREAT Nepa.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

RAF128

There was a bar in a small town close to where we hunt.   We'd stop there after hunting and have a beer.    They had a jar of pickled sausage and another of pickled eggs.   We'd have to have a couple of each with our beer.    Great stuff.   Only on little problem.   We had to drive home with the windows open, regardless of how cold it was outside ;) :D :D.   I had a strange effect on us and it was quick acting

Smokin Soon

I wanna play too! I made a batch of sweet Portagee Sausage for the wife, not my fav but it's good. Good way to kick it up after the fact.

Wifey will not be pleased as I stole her Sausage and added some "nuclear eggs" in the mix.

Sailor

Roll the window down fellas..... ;D  Looks good!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

BuyLowSellHigh

Ventilate !

Looks fantastic. 

Reminds me of the bar food I use to see in a lot of local bars both in WI and PA.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Smokin Soon

Easy! I just blame Nepas. He made me buy a Treager, and next probably a MAK, and now he made me do a batch of something my wife calls "BAD THUNDER". I really don't know what she is trying to say?