• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jalapeno Swiss SS

Started by OU812, November 24, 2010, 01:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcatdaddy

DTAggie

OU, U knocked that one out of the park.  Might fine INDEED!

OU812

Thanks everybody.

The amount of jalapenos in the sausage is just right, not hot at all but you can defiantly taste them.

smoker pete

Quote from: DOUG3D on November 25, 2010, 02:35:16 AM
That looks very good, is that recipe available on the site somewhere?

I wouldn't hammer that ... only because I'm a woos and no fan of Jalapenos BUT my Son and Granddaughter will hammer that once I get the recipe.  Mind posting the recipe.  Goooooood looking SS  :)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Quote from: smoker pete on November 28, 2010, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: DOUG3D on November 25, 2010, 02:35:16 AM
That looks very good, is that recipe available on the site somewhere?

I wouldn't hammer that ... only because I'm a woos and no fan of Jalapenos BUT my Son and Granddaughter will hammer that once I get the recipe.  Mind posting the recipe.  Goooooood looking SS  :)

I used 60% deer and 40% pork butt, make most all my sausage with this ratio.

Grind with a 3/16" plate.

The seasoning is from Frisco Spices, they are sold locally. you can get them here.
http://www.friscospices.com/product/6001/SUMMER-SAUSAGE-MIX---CURE-PACK-INCLUDED/

They just started putting the directions on the package, which will come in handy for beginners.  ;D

I used 20 fluid oz distilled water, mixed in the cure pack that comes with the spices, let that sit wile I mixed the seasonings with the meat.

I like to dump in the jalapenos and mix in the seasonings then grind again. Helps to mix every thing better when your doin a 25 lb batch.  ::)

After the second grind dump in the cure and high temp swiss cheese mix again.

If you dump in the cure and water before the second grind its a real b##ch to feed in the grinder.

Used 2 lb of jalapenos and 2 lb high temp cheese, you can get the cheese at Frisco also.

Hope this makes sense to ya all.

smoker pete

Thanks for the recipe OU812.  I'm a fisherman not a hunter so would not have access to any Bambi meat.  Have you ever substituted beef for the deer?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

OU812

Yes.

Just use a good lean hunk of beef, like eye of round or somthin like that.

ArnieM

Don't know how I missed this thread.  Sure does look good OU and thanks for the recipe.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Oh ya, you could use a round roast too.

You could use a chuck roast also but that will change the fat ratio.

I try to keep the fat below 20% of the total meat weight.

Hey Arnie, you could throw in one of them Jolokia peppers and really kick up the heat.  :o