• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork and Garlic sausage

Started by cathouse willy, November 30, 2010, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: islandgirl on November 30, 2010, 07:44:59 PM
NepaSmoker, I am going to try your recipe for garlic sausage..since I love the spices you have in it! :)

Is there anything extra I should do with the powdered milk, and does the grocery store brand work Ok?
thanks

yup regular store bought dry milk.

cathouse willy

Let me say for my first try, I'm happy, the sausage is a bit strong on the garlic side but i'm thinking cabbage and sausages and dark beer and fresh bread and ???

goblism

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 30, 2010, 07:12:14 PM

Better to taste test it raw, cooking depletes the taste unlike smoking.

Its not going to kill ya

x2, always a little here and there to make sure it is good

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 30, 2010, 06:32:24 PM
Here is one i use. For 10 pounds. Cut it in half for 5 lbs.

7 lbs 90/10 GB
3 lb pork butt
4 T salt
3 T granulated garlic
2 T paprika
2 T black pepper
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground glove
1 t cinnamon
1 cup cold distilled water
1 cup powder non fat dry milk (does not have to be fine or pulverized)
32-36mm hog casing

Do I use the Left or the Right?? Just in case there is a taste difference  ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bigcatdaddy

I'm a Garlic lover!!!!  I put it in dang near everything except Ice Cream although the thought has crossed my mind!!!!!  I'm sure many of my up coming sausage experiments will have Plenty of Garlic in them.

BCD

smoker pete

Quote from: bigcatdaddy on December 01, 2010, 07:47:36 AM
I'm a Garlic lover!!!!  I put it in dang near everything except Ice Cream although the thought has crossed my mind!!!!!  I'm sure many of my up coming sausage experiments will have Plenty of Garlic in them.
BCD

There's one place you can get everything and then some when it comes to garlic.  Including things like garlic Ice Cream, wine, etc.  It's the annual Garlic Festival in Gilroy, California.  http://www.gilroygarlicfestival.com/index.html  I too love garlic to the point of putting it into as many things as I can when I cook.  We have been saying for 30 years that we need to go to the festival (we're only about 1½ hours away) but have never attended.  Gonna make it a point to go in 2011 !!!

Here's what they used last year in 3 days ... 10 tons of beef, 4 tons of pasta, 4 tons of calamari, 2 tons of scampi, and 2 TONS of fresh Christopher Ranch garlic  :o :o  They also raised $8.5 million for local charities!!  Not bad for one weekend.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

cathouse willy

I'm thinking of putting a few links in the smoker to see if that will ease the garlic flavor. They are stuffed in hog casings, will the casing allow the meat to take on the smoke or will it just pile up on the outside?