Anybody build their Bradley into an outdoor kitchen?

Started by millsryno, December 29, 2010, 09:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsryno

I am in the midst of building a very nice outdoor kitchen.  I am completing the steel stud phase of the project.  I am very interested in the digital Bradley smoker.  I am worried about how it will look being custom built in to the outdoor kitchen, though, because of the digital control smoke box.  Has anybody built one of these units into their outdoor kitchen?  I'd love to see some pictures of how you did it.

What would be great is if there is a way to remove the digital control smoke box and add an extension to it so that there is some seperation between the smoke box and the main cooking box.  This would allow me to frame perfectly around the main cooking box and maintain a clean look and then put a stainless steel access door in front of the digital control smoke box (maybe 4 inches away from the main cooking box).  As it is right now, I could not build in the main cooking box and put an access door in front of the digital control smoke box because they are too close together.  I need a stud between them, at least.

Any tips/suggestions/pics?

Thanks!

GusRobin

Yes -set it up like you would a cold smoke. Hook the smoke gen to the cold box and use flex hose to connect to the cabinet. Here is a pic of how I do my cold smoking but it would also work for hot smokes. Your arrangement would be a little bit different but I think you get the idea.You may want to build a smoke box instead of using the Bradley version. That way you could have a bigger door o use a bigger water pan for spent pucks.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

grnhs

nice setup GR.
Does that countertop expand out,(looks like it)

GusRobin

Quote from: grnhs on December 29, 2010, 04:53:52 PM
nice setup GR.
Does that countertop expand out,(looks like it)

It overhangs the left edge, and also are hinges under the overhang so it opens up.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

grnhs