OBS Door Problems

Started by Shasta bob, December 29, 2010, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

Help, it looks like I'm in need of a new door for my OBS, the seal is not sealing good and the plastic on the bottom of the door is cracked. When i close the door the measurement around the door is not even at some places its 1/2" other places its 3/4" or more. i read that some of you have replaced the doors before. I'm out of warranty so i need to know if the door is the only thing i need to replace? your help is needed. is Bradley the only place to get a new door? Thanks in advance.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

FLBentRider

You might be able to just replace the seal, you can get one from Yard and Pool.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Shasta bob

the doors gap (seal area) should be uniform width when closed, right?. mine don't appear to be.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

FLBentRider

I'll look at mine when I get home.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Slamdunk

I had the same problem and phoned Bradley about it. They suggested to heat the smoker and then look at the seal. I did and the seal  loosened up from the heat and was sealed properly. Give it a try, might save you a few bucks.

Shasta bob

Smoked a turkey breast today and even after it was done the door was not even with the cabinet all the way around.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

love the smoke

I believe the only place to get a door is Bradley I have replaced the door on mine 3 times already, the plastic breaks on the bottom by the hinge.

LTS
LTS

Shasta bob

Mine has done that also how much is a new door?  Do you think the crack in the plastic is causing my door not to be shutting even with the cabinet?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

ArnieM

SB - your best option is to call Bradley and speak with Brian if available.  Describe your problem.

I've replaced my door once due to a crack on the bottom and they were good about it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

There was a post a while back someone made where he put two regular door type hinges with latches on to solve the problem of these door issues.  I thought it was pretty ingenious.  Searched but cannot find the post.

Shasta bob

Thanks i really appreciate the help with this matter. i will call Bradley in the morning.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner