• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

How's everybody doing?

Started by Rad Rich, June 03, 2011, 08:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

Hey guys,
I haven't posted anything on this site for a while, but I just wanted to check in.  I have been using my obs like a freak.  It's so funny cause I have changed my wifes attitude full circle.  At first she was complaining because I have been smoking every weekend since christmas (literally).  Now she is asking me what we are having and giving suggestions.  some of my favorites are...
Salmon
pork tenderloins
chicken.

How about you?
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

KyNola

Hey Rich!  Good to see you back buddy.  My list of favorites is the same as yours.  You ever cured one of those tenderloins and then smoke it?  Highly recommend it.

Don't be gone so long this time.

hal4uk

Hi Rich!  Nice to see you around!
I still like chicken and ribs and butts!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Rad Rich

I had to cut my first post short, boss walked in. I am just loving my obs. I have had almost perfect results every time.  I would like to hear what you do to cure pork tenderloins.  I rub them, sea salt and cracked pepper, a little goya adobe spice, then rap in bacon then little bit more rub and some fresh herbs and smoke over apple to 160.  Great every time.  I do the same with venison tenderloins and wow sooo goood.  I think my salmon is still my favorite though.
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

starship

Quote from: Rad Rich on June 03, 2011, 10:30:43 AM
I had to cut my first post short, boss walked in.

That's why I work the night shift (mids)
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Habanero Smoker

Curing them would make them like Canadian bacon. I use the loin instead of the tenderloin. Here is a couple of recipes for Canadian bacon. I never used tenderloins, but since they are smaller in diameter for the wet cure I would cut the curing time down to 1 - 2 days; curing longer then necessary is not make it better. For the dry cure method, you should only cure 2 - 3 days. Also while smoking cooking, keep an eye on them, because they will cook much faster than a loin.

Canadian Bacon - Wet Cure
Canadian Bacon - Dry Cure

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Hi Rich,
Sorry I'm late getting back to you.  Habs has given you the information for curing the tenderloins.  I dry cure them.