Smoked Pecan Turkey Breast

Started by smoker pete, January 19, 2011, 08:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Invited my Son's family over for a quick and dirty Smoked Pecan Turkey Breast dinner with all the trimmings.  Took a 7.18 lb bone-in turkey breast and used some EVOO with Fagundes Seasoning.  Set PID to 250ºF and used 7 Pecan bisquettes.  1st use of my new Big Green Egg Vertical Turkey Roaster I ordered from Yard and Pool.  Mounted the breast on the Roaster and placed it in my SRG basket so I can transfer it directly to the SRG to finish off the breast after the Pecan smoke.

Here is the magnificent breast after 2 1/3 hours of Pecan smoke in the OBS and finished off in the SRG.  I do believe that I will always finish off my poultry in the SRG from now on since they turns out so wonderful ...

This will have to serve as the money $$hot cause everyone, including 3 of my Grandchildren, jumped on this like a pack a ravenous hyenas  ;D ;D  Ya gotta love smoked meats!! ...  Wonder what I can smoke next for them? ;D  Had some taters, turkey Stove Top Stuffing (5 minutes, you can't beat it for simplicity), gravy, and corn to go along with the bird.

You can see how moist the turkey breast turned out by looking at the juice running off on the cutting board.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

OU812

Oooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats some damn gooood lookin turkey brest, all the other fixins sound good too.

I finish all my poultry in TBE, love the finished product.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

jiggerjams

classicrockgriller