• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky nuggets questions

Started by steve-o, February 08, 2011, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve-o

Was possibly gonna try nuggets this weekend or next and wanted to do a bit of mental preperation. I've done strips of jerky a few times now but liked the ease of cutting into to nuggets rather than fighting to get uniform strips.  I was going through older posts on the topic and it looks like a good and somewhat easy thing to experiment with....I am gonna marinade for 48 hrs give or take, and probably use an eye roast.

Question 1 - can the whole process be done in Bradley, I dont have a dehydrator?

Question 2 - is it the same basically as doing strip jerky, except probably longer? (temps and smoke time)

Question 3 - any other pointers you can think of?

Thanks all, Steve-o

smokeNcanuck

steve-o,

1-I have not done the nuggets in the Bradley, but see know reason why you could not.

2-I have done them in a dehydrator and just followed the same procedure as I would with normal strip jerky.
  You would be correct in the fact that it will take longer to dry as you have denser pieces of meat

3- Let us know how it turns out and post a few pics.

I like the nuggets, as it is easier to prepare the meat,  but still usually make the strips.

Good Luck,
sNc
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

JF7FSU

I've done nuggets in the Bradley with Big John's Ginger Soy jerky recipe.  No big difference except they take a little longer and need frequent rotation.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

FLBentRider

I'm not sure how big you cut your nuggets, the cure I use states 24 hours of cure time per 1/4 inch of thickness.

I usually leave mine curing in the fridge at least three days. Sometimes longer if I forget or get busy.

I haven't done them in the bradley, just the dehydrator, mine take about 12 hours @150F
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!