• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Securing your smoker

Started by Phlyfisher, February 14, 2011, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phlyfisher

Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas about how to secure your smoker to something (like a bike lock?) so if it's just sitting on your back patio, you don't have to worry about someone runnin' off with it overnight. I've seen that several people keep their smoker in a locking cabinet type deal, but I'm talking more along the lines of just securing it to another fixed object. There doesn't seem to be anything on the OBS that you could run a wire or chain through to lock it up though. Any thoughts?

GusRobin

We use our friend Smith and Wesson
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BuyLowSellHigh

Well, since the SG detaches I assume you would remove it and store it separately.  After that you can run a cable through the vent and the SG port and then lock it around something fixed. If you don't have a suitable fixed object you could consider using about a 125 lb Rottweiler instead.

Others who share your concerns move the smoker to a secure location for storage (garage, etc.).
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

TedEbear

After mine has cooled down I just pick it up and carry it to the basement where it sits out of the weather until the next smoke.

smoker pete

Move to a nicer neighborhood  ::) ;D ;D 

I've always figured that if they want it that bad they're going to figure out a way to steal it ...

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

classicrockgriller

CoreyMac

I don't use the Bradley smokers but I put mine on a small frame with wheels, then I just roll it into the garage when I'm done. Works good as long as you don't have it on a deck or something.

Corey

KyNola

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on February 14, 2011, 11:22:37 AM
Well, since the SG detaches I assume you would remove it and store it separately.  After that you can run a cable through the vent and the SG port and then lock it around something fixed. If you don't have a suitable fixed object you could consider using about a 125 lb Rottweiler instead.
To expand on BLSH's good suggestion, you can actually store the SG inside of the tower. Remove the SG from the tower.  Remove the puck tube from the SG.  Remove the drip tray from the tower. Remove the racks from inside the tower and stack them on top of each other.  Now you should be able to sit your SG up on it's end inside the tower with the puck burner pointing towards the top of the tower with additional room to store the puck tube, racks and drip tray in there as well.  You can now run a cable or something through the hole where the generator protrudes into the tower and out the vent and secure the whole thing to something permanent.

Hope this helps.

beefmann

Im not to worried about my smoker , it has good security, 3 very well fed german shepards.... oooppppsss the dogs are out of the  bag ;D ;D ;D ;D

dman4505

Quote from: GusRobin on February 14, 2011, 11:17:09 AM
We use our friend Smith and Wesson

Sturm Ruger (44mag and/or 9mm)
Conneticut Valley Arms (50 cal. muzzel loader)

Either of the above would get someones attention, I also keep mine locked in the garage out of sight.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

NePaSmoKer

Smoker security  ;D

Nuff said  :D

lumpy

Rogue company man off the farm ;)
8) 8) 8)

squirtthecat