• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Greek Sausage

Started by SiFumar, February 01, 2011, 04:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

It's also known as "Orange Sausage"  I usually make meatballs out of it. It is a fresh sausage.

1 clove garlic
grated peel from half orange
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp allspice
1/2 c white wine

Mix in blender

Add to 2 lbs coarse ground beef and 1 lb coarse ground pork.  Mix well.

I usually allow flavors to blend in refrigerator.  Can put in casings...but I usually just make meatballs use and freeze.

These were my sons favorites.

Next batch I make I'll take pics.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the recipe. This does look good, and versatile. Pics are OK, but a recipe is much better. I'm going to make a batch this weekend.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

Hi, there's a similar recipe for Loukaniko on Len Poli's site.  Been putting off making it but now I think I'll give it a shot.  Does sound good.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

SiFumar

Quote from: 3rensho on February 02, 2011, 03:59:22 AM
Hi, there's a similar recipe for Loukaniko on Len Poli's site.  Been putting off making it but now I think I'll give it a shot.  Does sound good.

Sorry don't know who this guy is...but will look him up.

It really is a different recipe, but it gets addictive....really would like to try it in moink balls.

3rensho

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

SiFumar;

This is a great recipe. I made it over the weekend. When I was mixing the ingredients, the aroma was great. I was tempted to add curry powder, but restrained myself. Though I will be adding it the next time. The only change I made was to add an extra 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

I separated the sausage into about 1 pound batches. One pound I left as fresh sausage, one pound was made into sweet & sour cocktail meatballs, and the final pound was made into "plain" cocktail meatballs that were served with Tzatziki sauce for dipping.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

SiFumar

Glad to hear you liked it.  I bet curry would be a different twist to it. Let me know how it tastes when try it.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SiFumar on February 08, 2011, 05:50:54 PM
Glad to hear you liked it.  I bet curry would be a different twist to it. Let me know how it tastes when try it.

I sure will. Thanks again for the recipe.

I
         don't
                   inhale.