• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

WHAT TO DO ?

Started by oldsmoker, January 31, 2011, 04:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsmoker

i HAVE TWO PORK LOINS IN A CURE OF 50/50 BROWN SUGAR AND MORTON TENDER QUICK. aFTER 12 DAYS IN A REF AT 38 deg they are vstill limp. This is not my first time doing this .  Inthe past they all turned out great. Do i dare take them out of the bags and cure again ? thanks for all the help.   
OLDSMOKER

TestRocket

I got no idea, sorry! Hopefully someone will come along soon that can give you some advice! Good Luck!

SoCalBuilder

No help here I'm afraid. I have some Canadian bacon that's been in since Friday and it is already firming up. I used cure#1 and a recipe form the site. Looking forward to how this turns out. Good luck!!

BuyLowSellHigh

A few questiions --

How much TQ per pound of pork ?

How much liquid in the bag ?

What are you planning to do with them once cured ?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

oldsmoker

One tbl spoon per lb. If you hold the bag up about a inch of liquid. Going to smoke it making canadian bacon.
OLDSMOKER

BuyLowSellHigh

If it were me I would press on and take the final temp to 150-152 °F.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Habanero Smoker

Sometimes you don't get much liquid, and some times some muscles do not get that firm. If they haven't fully cured in 12 days, nothing is going to improve at this point.

You should go ahead and smoke/cook them. I only take my Canadian bacon to 142°F - 145°F. The worse case they are not fully cured, and will have a grayish area in the center. Though it may look unappetizing, it is still safe. Just treat it as fresh cooked pork loin.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

oldsmoker

First i want to thank every one for the help. Smoked the loins this past weekend they turned out great.
OLDSMOKER

Habanero Smoker

Great to hear everything turn out alright.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)