Turkey Sausage

Started by cobra6223, March 08, 2011, 08:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

My wife would like to make a breakfast sausage using the ground turkey that comes in the 1#rolls instead of calling it ground it would be more emulsified than like ground through a plate , my biggest concern is that it would be very dry as the fat content is nothing , any suggestions and recipes as always would be greatly appreciated , Thanks Tim . I thought it was just us guys that got bit by the sausage bug !!!  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: cobra6223 on March 08, 2011, 08:12:54 AM
My wife would like to make a breakfast sausage using the ground turkey that comes in the 1#rolls instead of calling it ground it would be more emulsified than like ground through a plate , my biggest concern is that it would be very dry as the fat content is nothing , any suggestions and recipes as always would be greatly appreciated , Thanks Tim . I thought it was just us guys that got bit by the sausage bug !!!  ;D

Grind a few strips of bacon in with it.

OU812

You could buy a turkey breast and skin it, cut the skin into strips, freeze it then grind it with the fine plate and add to the ground turkey you have.

If your ground turkey is very lean I'd start by adding 20% skin/fat to the weight of the ground turkey.

Keep us posted how this turns out for ya.