indoor smoking

Started by RJR1876, August 30, 2005, 10:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJR1876

Dear smoker,

I am considering of using my BS indoor (so I can have good food comes rain, snow or shine), but I am wondering what pipe to use to bring the smoke outdoor (although I love smoked meat, but I ain't too keen of staying in a "smokehouse"). Should I use stainless steel or CPVC? Any idea how hot is the smoke coming out from the BS during hot smoke?  Thinking abt stainless steel but then the smokestack will cost more than my BS, and wife is already quite mad abt me buying all gadgets for my BS[:D]...Pls help...and THANKS

Regards,
Tai

car54

I would not be concerned obout the temperature of the smoke but how to contain it. I tried at one time to smoke in the basement with ducting but when my wife smelled the least amount of smoke it was a dead project.

nsxbill

Here is a link to a traveling smoker that does this is motel room all the time.  http://bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=433&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=trailer

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.