• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Troubleshooting help on OBS

Started by garbadee, March 20, 2011, 06:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbadee

Fired up my OBS with Auber Friday night.  Put in 2 Butts and 2 racks of baby back ribs.  Took the ribs out after 3 hours and let the butts go all night.  Seemed to be taking a little too long getting the butts up to temp but cabinet temp seemed to be maintaining at 200+ and everything was going OK.  Went outside to work on a boat Saturday at noon.  When I left, the cabinet temp was at 210, one butt at 185, and the other butt at 170. 

Couple hours later checked and cabinet temp was 155.  Auber seemed to be working well but main element did not seem to be working.  Pulled the meat out and waited until this morning to troubleshoot.

This morning I turned it back on and no heat.  Decided to directly power the cabinet to eliminate the Auber and Smoke Generator as the problem and left it on high for about 20 minutes.  Light on front is working so I know there is at least some kind of power to the cabinet but I got absolutely no heat from the main element.

I assume that means the element burned out but is there anything else I should be looking at to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tenpoint5

Sounds like your Element died give Bradley a call on Monday and get a new one on the way.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TedEbear

Quote from: garbadee on March 20, 2011, 06:08:08 AMI assume that means the element burned out but is there anything else I should be looking at to solve this problem?

Sounds like another element bites the dust.  Is it still under warranty?

RFT

mine had the same symptoms when my element died.  Light on in front but no heat from element. 

Call Bradley.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

Consiglieri

might simply be a power connection issue. 
Consiglieri

garbadee

I bought it on 3/10/2010 and it shipped on 3/12/2010.  Hopefully registration chard shows receipt date and it is on file with Bradley because it shipped exactly 53 weeks before it died.  So not sure if it is still in warranty.