• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

a box from deep in the heart of Texas...

Started by monty, March 12, 2011, 08:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty

hmmm this box arrived earlier in the week from deep in the heart of Texas  :)

a Traeger digital controller!

thank you Sonny!

when i posted that i had bought a used Lil Tex with an analog controller, crg sent me a PM to let me know he had the inside track on the new Traeger 180F. it was half the price it would have been here from my local Traeger dealer in Canada.

what a deal. this man is a Saint!

thanks again!
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

squirtthecat

Awesome...    You'll love that controller compared to the LMH one.

Quarlow

He's a peach alright. Nice deal on that baby.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

wyoduke

They broke the mold after that little monkey ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

Bavind

He got that controller for me to. You will love the control you get with it

pikeman_95

Could some one send me a link to this controller. [ the one that Sonny sent]  What voltage does it run on and what voltage can it control? Will it energize a 110 volt coil?  I have a Propane burner in my smoker and I use a 110 volt solenoid valve to switch between high fire and low fire. I then have a bypass plumbed around the valve with a needle valve incorporated in the bypass. This way I can control the level of low fire. The controller just clicks on and off and switches between low and high fire to hold the temperature. I just do not presently have a digital controller. I depend on a thermo-bulb to switch back and forth. That causes a little larger temperature swing them I would like.

Kirby

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pikeman_95 on March 12, 2011, 10:35:15 AM
Could some one send me a link to this controller. [ the one that Sonny sent]  What voltage does it run on and what voltage can it control? Will it energize a 110 volt coil?  I have a Propane burner in my smoker and I use a 110 volt solenoid valve to switch between high fire and low fire. I then have a bypass plumbed around the valve with a needle valve incorporated in the bypass. This way I can control the level of low fire. The controller just clicks on and off and switches between low and high fire to hold the temperature. I just do not presently have a digital controller. I depend on a thermo-bulb to switch back and forth. That causes a little larger temperature swing them I would like.

Kirby

Kirby

http://pelletgrilloutlet.com/temperature-controllers?b=1

Talk to Anna

classicrockgriller

Monty, Glad to help.

Just happy you got the controller and are up and running.

Kirby, the controller thru my Traeger dealer runs around $74.

pikeman_95

classicrockgriller

Yes.

I have the smoke/low/hi controller that came with it if you want it.

It is not digital.

pikeman_95

thanks but I already have something like that. I am trying to go digital.

squirtthecat

Quote from: pikeman_95 on March 14, 2011, 11:42:54 AM
thanks but I already have something like that. I am trying to go digital.

Just sent you a PM...   ;)