• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

NEW ORIGINAL BRADLEY SMOKER

Started by Talons, March 13, 2011, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talons

My buddy finally caved in and bought an OBS.  Is there anything special he should do to get up and running?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Talons

TedEbear

Just season it prior to the first use and it should be fine.  Here's a how-to on that.  I believe it also states a similar procedure in the owner's manual.

Q. How do I season my new Smoker?

A. The seasoning steps are also located in your operator's manual. The purpose of seasoning your smoker is to burn off manufacturing oils that give off bad odors and will produce distasteful flavors in the food of your first smoke if this step is skipped..

1. Wash / dry all the racks, drip tray, drip bowl rectangular tray and place in smoker.
2. Plug in smoker, turn on smoke generator, push temp slider control halfway to the right. For the digital set temperature to 150 degrees F (66 C).
3. Load the feeder tube with 5 bisquettes of your favorite wood (if you purchased the variety pack, I would go with "special blend) and fill the drip bowl half full of water bowl.
4. Press Bisquette Advance Button until a bisquette is on the burner (you will need to push the button 3 times).
5. Close door and open the Top Vent slightly.
6. Smoker should be at 150 degrees F. If the temperature is higher adjust the temperature heat control. Smoke the tower continuously until the bisquettes run out; after about one hour. Five (5) bisquettes will equal one hour of smoke - the last 2 bisquettes will not advance onto the Burner.

More Bradley Smoker FAQ's Available Here

Talons

Thanks for the awesome step by step help.  Appreciate it.

Rad Rich

hey Talons,
Make sure you get a digital thermometer with a probe to place in the meat.  Keeps it nice and easy.  You and your buddy are gonna love that smoker!!
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

GusRobin

Quote from: Talons on March 13, 2011, 01:52:31 PM
My buddy finally caved in and bought an OBS.  Is there anything special he should do to get up and running?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Talons
they seem to have you set on the normal stuff. If you are married or have a significant other than you need to find a mailing address to ship all the toys tools and other neat gadgets that you inevitably will end up buying.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ksidener

Yeah, then you can have your three bubba pucks or Auber Instruments version of puck advancers shipped there.  These will help your buddy save his bisquets cause your gonna want them!  :-)

Cheers,

Kelly

BigJohnT

You can also get light weight puck pushers from Scott.

John