• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Problems with "NEW" door, it dont fit !

Started by love the smoke, January 11, 2011, 02:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

So I need to replace the door on my OBS because the bottom plastic broke over time and the door fell off, so ordered a new door from Bradley and mounted it up ready to smoke but I noticed a gap on the bottom right hand corner (hinge corner) that looked quite big, As you can see from the photos there is a gap on the bottom corner like the hinge is setting the door to far away from the smoker. Any body seen this before?

Is this door made incorectly or did something change ?

LTS
LTS

rcger

I would contact Customer Support.  I have no doubts they'll take care of you very quickly.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

classicrockgriller

yep that may be one for Brian at Bradley.

G/L and let Us know what's up.

Smokin Soon

My guess is that when the door fell off the hinges got tweaked. I would look at them very closely to see if they could be bent back to normal. Otherwise, no clue.

Smoke NW

New to the site and was wondering if any resolution was ever found for this door. I just tried to install a new door on my OBS and had the same results. I'm currently waiting for a call back from Bradley. 

smokeNcanuck

when I installed my new door I had large gaps like this.  All it was caused by was the gasket
rubber a little stuck together.  Heat up the smoker,after it's warm use your fingers to separate
and stretch out the gasket.  Then close the door and check the seal, I let mine heat a while longer
then let cool completely with out opening the door.  Mine now seals like a dream.
Hope this works for ya, and welcome aboard!!

sNc
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

DTAggie

Do your clothes smell like smoke?  Looks like your smoker is inside?

Habanero Smoker

Looking at the pictures it seems the gap is caused by the gasket, the door itself seems to be aligned with the cabinet. I would follow sNc's suggestion and see if that doesn't resolve the issue.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Cleaver

I too just replaced my door and it had the air gap as well.  I agree with smokeNcanuck.  I heated the smoker and then pulled the seal apart.
Let it cool and all will be fine.

Smoke NW

Yep, heated it up, stretched the seal and let cool. All is well. Thanks for the input guys.