• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brisket -2 months aged

Started by Oldman, September 12, 2005, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well I figured that after 2 months aging I better get off my duff and smoke these briskets. [:D]

In this pix you can see I have saved the fat so it can drip down on the meat.
Click to Enlarge Images

These are the points/ flats that are going to become cornbeef.

This time I put more pepper on for me. The heck with the girls  I mix and ground Muntok white and Malabar black pepper...

Come on tomarrow~~!

Olds

Note: I have modified this posting as of today 06.05.06 in order to fix the codes to allow the images to enlarge. (This new board does not accept all of the old board's codes.)

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

I know I don't have to say it, but make sure a post up a picture of the end result!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

These are at the 4-5 hour mark. I will boat them in foil with a little apple juice.  The fat I will give some to my dogs [:D]

If all holds true they will come out around 7am then then into a passive oven for 2 more hours... these are going to make for some fine early Brunch eating.. :D

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

12 1/2 hours later cooking temp. varied as I turn the box down to 180 while I slept for 5 hours. Otherwise the box temp. was 205F. Note the jucies in the foil. They are now in bed FTC~~![:D]

As alway you can click on my images to enlarge picture.

Olds

EDIT: There was a 2 1/2 degree F. difference between the two pieces. The fan ran without a hitch.

Talking about the fan I talked with Chez about it last night and he is moving forward. The issue of a fan guard has to be resolved yet. On mine I did not install one, but then again I'm not selling them. I'm old enough to know you don't stick your finger into a 10 wing metal fan blade turning 3000 rpm. [:0] But we all know about those curious kids~~!

MallardWacker

Again as always Olds, you done yourself one better.  Looks great young man....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Foam Steak

I think if I left now, I could be in St. Petersburg in a little over 30 hours.  Save me a slice please. [:)]

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Again as always Olds, you done yourself one better. Looks great young man....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Young man...? Ha! well at least I don't have to pick bird shot out of my arse every year... [:p] <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I think if I left now, I could be in St. Petersburg in a little over 30 hours. Save me a slice please<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">You ever get down here and I will show you more than just smoked foods.. you will go home 25 pounds heavier.  [^] Not to mention that big ole smile on your face. [:0]

Olds

nsxbill

Looks incredible.  Hope they taste as good as they look!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

I used Oak 4 hours this time. Very nice even the first day. Oak IMO is a good around smoke. It seems to sweeten when the meat is in refrig for a few days.

Without a doubt it is a great wood for that double smoked ham I do.

Made sandwiches out of one of them tonight... [:p]

Olds

nsxbill

While you are enjoying your wonderful brisket, think Johnny Cash!  Oh yes, I did send you an email about that!  Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink....say no more!

Bill

Habanero Smoker

I have to put two things on my To-Do list; 1) prepare aged beef for smoking; 2) purchase oak bisquettes (unless Bradley comes to their sense [:)] and begins making peach bisquettes).

Those briskets look real good!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Brabus

So Old, what what the total time on these puppies?

Oldman

Total time was 14.5 hours.

Bill I did not get an E-mail  [?][?][?]

Olds