• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ECA or citric acid

Started by dbondy, April 11, 2011, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Thinking about making another batch of SS and was woundering how much ECA to add, I was also thinking about trying just citric acid because its easy to get here but didn,t now how much to put in. It will more than likely be a 10lb batch and I,m looking for a tangy taste. Thanks :) :)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: dbondy on April 11, 2011, 12:56:14 PM
Thinking about making another batch of SS and was woundering how much ECA to add, I was also thinking about trying just citric acid because its easy to get here but didn,t now how much to put in. It will more than likely be a 10lb batch and I,m looking for a tangy taste. Thanks :) :)

ECA compaired to store bought powdered CA

The powdered CA will start to work as soon as you mix it in the meat. If you dont know the exact amount to add it will make the meat very dry, crumbly and turn white and you will end up tossing it.

ECA is like a timed released capsule. It will start to release when the IT of the meat reaches 130* ECA is used at 1 level tsp per pound of meat and mixed in at the end before stuffing.

Hope this helps some.

dbondy

thanks nepas I was thinking about trying a 5lb batch but not sure how much CA to add. ;)