• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Polish sausage

Started by Keymaster, April 18, 2011, 02:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

I snuck out of the house today and went to Costco. I purchased a couple boneless pork butts and want to smoke some polish sausage. I have a kit to make it from Hi-mountain but am actually afraid to because of my past experiences being a little on the salty side with their Jerky mixes. Im thinking of using there seasonings and just using cure#1 instead of there cure or if someone from PA has a killer receipt for polish sausage I would definately go that route than the Hi-mountain route. ;D I have about 15 pounds of Pork Butt and 3 pounds of GB 80/20 to play with.

dbondy

Hi keymaster, I,ve used that kit about 4 times and have been very happy with it. I did not find it too salty at all, not like the jerky kits from them. Now I do use both the spice pac and the cure but I do add some extra spices like more cracked pepper,fresh garlic, cyanne and a few others that I can,t think of at the moment. I'v made both venison and all pork with the kits and have loved them both. The only problem I had with them was that they didn,t send enough hog casings to do the hole kits worth which is 30lbs. But I usualy use collagen anyways so it wasn,t a big deal for me. I still want ot try Rytec,s recipe but haven,t had a chance to, and I will still use the HM kit because I got it tuned in for our liking and have been very happy with it.  But thats just my 2cents worth and there are many other recipes that are great too. ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: dbondy on April 18, 2011, 04:22:15 PM
Hi keymaster, I,ve used that kit about 4 times and have been very happy with it. I did not find it too salty at all, not like the jerky kits from them. Now I do use both the spice pac and the cure but I do add some extra spices like more cracked pepper,fresh garlic, cyanne and a few others that I can,t think of at the moment. I'v made both venison and all pork with the kits and have loved them both. The only problem I had with them was that they didn,t send enough hog casings to do the hole kits worth which is 30lbs. But I usualy use collagen anyways so it wasn,t a big deal for me. I still want ot try Rytec,s recipe but haven,t had a chance to, and I will still use the HM kit because I got it tuned in for our liking and have been very happy with it.  But thats just my 2cents worth and there are many other recipes that are great too. ;D
Thanks dbondy, that makes me feel a lot better if I decide to go with the kit, nothing worse than oversalted sausage and Ive done that more than once ;D