• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newly purchased Bradley Original

Started by Meat tooth, April 25, 2011, 09:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meat tooth

Hi folks!

Just picked up a BT1S1 from CTC here in Brantford. They were on sale and only had one left. Nice unit, but they sent the wrong cords for it, the panel has cracks, and the serial number came up as the digital model! ?? I emailed them on good Fri, surprisingly I got a reply on Sat. I need to call them on Tuesday. NP. If they are as good as everyone says on here for warranty, I'm not concerned in the least. After looking at the setup, I see one can use the smoker if he uses two computer power cords, one for the smoke gen., and one for the tower.  So that is just what I did to season it. Then on Easter Sunday I loaded up three racks of side ribs that were rubbed the night before, and a rack of taters and proceeded to try the 3-2-1 method. I used Apple bisquettes, it was difficult not to "peek" for three whole hours, but I managed! They looked good enough to eat after the smoke! But I stuck to the regiment and foiled 'em, then put on Canadian Club chicken 'n' rib sauce for the final hour or so. The final verdict? Well there's nothing left over, they were gone in like ten minutes, asking for more and when are we going to make some more? There is a BBQ type deli in town here and I have to say (IMHO) those ribs rival his. This thing is the cat! I am now thinking about incorporating it into a shelf in a shed that is yet to be built. Also, although it worked well, I think the second heater mod is in order, as I think it takes too long to recover after opening the door for foiling, etc.

Good stuff! Dan

Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

TestRocket

Welcome Dan,

Sounds like you got it done and everyone was happy! Congrats!
;D

devo

Hi Dan
You made one BIG mistake. No pictures  ???
Ya need to get used to posting pictures  ;)

Hehehe  Welcome to the forum and I can tell you the fine people at bradley will straighen out the cord problem for you.

And yes the duel mod is the way to go and buying a Auber PID is a must also.

I think your hooked already so keep on smoking and we like pictures  ;D

Meat tooth

Need to get a new camera, kids keep taking them and either break 'em, or lose 'em! Will get one and lock it up so they can't get it! lol
Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

Jim O

Welcome Dan. Sounds like you "hit the ground runnin' "

I'm sure you'll love your new toy .

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

ghost9mm

Welcome Dan to one of the most informative forums and with the most helpful folks you will meet.. any problems at all, just ask...there are no such things as a dumb questions here...and alot of questions can be answered by just doing a search...enjoy the smoker...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ArnieM

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.  Yep, it sounds like you have a good start.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.