• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new to smokin' in canada

Started by robertmunch, May 07, 2011, 09:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertmunch

Hello all I've recently purchased a original bradley smoker. I'm really keen to get some good information for my first smoke. I'm looking for Curing times for different meats/cuts, temperatures and stages for hot and cold smoking. Basically just looking for a couple good basic articles on here or elsewhere to up my smoking knowledge. Reasons for using different woods at different stages? etc. any and all help is appreciated.

R. Munch

hal4uk

Welcome aboard, Robert!

That's a whole lotta questions wrapped up into one...
What do you want to cook first?
Ask about something specific, and the folks here that are best at whatever it is will tell ya all you need to know.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

GusRobin

You can try this site as it will provide some answers and suggestions.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php

As mentioned, if you can be more specific you"ll get more info.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

Hey robert welcome to the forum. This is a great place to find all you need to know. Just ask a question and you will get a answer. Hey I know a Christine Munch here from Surrey B.C.. Any connection?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

Welcome to the forum a really great place to read and learn from some of the most informed and tested group...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Savage

Hi Robert and welcome. If you can't find the answers your looking for here you may not need to know them LOL.  Lots of info and friendly advice  :D
What we know is not much. What we don't know is enormous.

robertmunch

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking for information about smoking fish. Salmon more specifically. Basic do's and don't's for smoking etc.

devo

Carter

Hello from T.O. RobertMunch.  I assume you have young children like I do, unless your name really is Robert Munch.  Boy to I read a lot of his stuff these days.

I'm with Devo.  Follow that recipe for fish and you'll find friends you never knew you had.

Welcome aboard.

Carter