• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Equipment suggestions?

Started by ndsmoker, October 02, 2005, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndsmoker

Is there a thread or FAQ somewhere that addresses equipment? In browsing, I've found out about bubba pucks, an example of good equipment additions.

For example, I'm looking for a new cordless thermometer, and wonder what people are using. Is there a model that can monitor more than one temp probe?

Finally, what are people using for covers? I've found the Bradley one isn't very sturdy. Take it in the garage in the winter?

car54

Maverick makes an electronic thermometer that measures the meat temperature and the smoker temperature. This is a handy item.

I don't use a cover becaue I built a permanent outsde cabinet that it stays in. All I have to do is close the doors.

Brad

nsxbill

I have used a Maverick ET-73, but replaced it with a Procom4 + Raptor from //www.thebbqguru.com.  Wife uses the Maverick now.  I don't use a cover.  I have my smokers under a covered porch.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

nd smoker,
I keep mine on a cart in the garage and just roll it outside when I'm ready to smoke.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Habanero Smoker

My Bradley cover has served me well for over 14 months, and I keep mine in the open on my deck. It's gone through one of the worse Northeast winters we've had in a long time, and many severe thunderstorms through the summer. Except for some fading the cover has kept the BS dry.

If you leave it out in the winter, make sure you clear it of snow as soon as possible, especially around the bottom. With the snow thawing, and refreezing from the heat of the sun, moisture could work it's way underneath the cover and seep into the electrical areas.

Bill has given you good advice on the thermometers. Just so you know in advance; I have the ET-73, and the range is not 50' as claimed. It is more like 25'-30'.

Maverick also makes the ET-7 http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=482138 that will measure two meats instead of one meat and the cabinet temp that the ET-73 measures. But I will give you a hint. If you buy the ET-73 you can purchase another temperature probe for about $11.00 (that's including postage), and use that instead of the cabinet probe. Then you can monitor two meats, when you need to measure two meats, or you still have the option to monitor the cabinet if needed. Just make sure that the highest internal meat temperature is set on the "Smoker" setting.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SoupGuy

I think I just figured out Bill's handle (ok, I am a little slow sometimes...).

nxsbill = "In Excess" Bill, right?

Leapin Lizzards Batman! $549 to control a $300 smoker?

** Who have you got lined up to inherit this dandy unit in the unfortunate event of your untimely passing? [:D]

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ndsmoker</i>
<br />Is there a thread or FAQ somewhere that addresses equipment? In browsing, I've found out about bubba pucks, an example of good equipment additions.

For example, I'm looking for a new cordless thermometer, and wonder what people are using. Is there a model that can monitor more than one temp probe?

Finally, what are people using for covers? I've found the Bradley one isn't very sturdy. Take it in the garage in the winter?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yes, in the "Accessories Forum". That's what it's there for.[:)]

SN: Bill is not part of a rock band![;)][:D] Think cars (again, not <b>THE</b> Cars, but vehicles). Zoom-zoom-whee-whee.[;)][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Leapin Lizards Batman! $549 to control a $300 smoker?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Soup that is nothing I'm looking at a new $700.00 video card so I can have the eye candy of a new game coming out soon.

If you have not seen the new vid on this game that I posted take a look at the quality of these images... especially in the closing screen shot... now that is eye candy and it take real power to render it. So somewhere between $700- to a $1000 I will spend on a v-card. Ya I'm old and slower but I generally game as a sniper so I hang back and cover the riflemen and assault/ demo folks. It is a good combo with the correct team... we talk via a voice server so the group is well coordinated.

In today's gaming world if your team cannot talk like a conference call on the telephone then you loose.

<b>Ghost Recon 3</b>

BTW turn up your sound and I hope you have at least a 5.1 sound system with a good woofer... it rocks.

I guess my point here is we all have our toys of choice... [^]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!