• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Initial seasoning problem

Started by FERGUS, October 08, 2005, 09:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FERGUS

I have just purchased a smoker and followed the instructions for initial seasoning. However the temperature would not go beyond 150F/66C
Can anyone suggest why this should be so

Thnaks

nsxbill

Do you also have the smoke generator turned on?  It will add more temp to the cabinet.  Slider switch all the way to the right?    If you did all this, you have a problem that also might be associated with using an extension cord that is too small.  Some have experienced that problem.  If none of this is applicable, contact seller or Bradley Smoker.  They will make it right.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

Welcome to the forum Fergus!!!
To bad about your initial results. If the problem is not solved quickly with nxsbill's advice Bradley will have you up and running in no time at all. Don't be discouraged.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Oldman

If you had your slider all to why to the right try backing off just a tad.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

FERGUS

Thanks for all the help
I appear to have resolved the problem
fergus

nsxbill

Fergus

What was the problem?  Welcome to the forum....I forgot to say it the first time I responded to your message.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.