• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Got my new Bradley 6 rack digi set up, seasoned and ready to go!

Started by Buck n Doe, June 15, 2011, 08:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck n Doe

So now what?  That remains the big question.  "There has got to be a Bradley Smokin' Forum," I tell my computer illiterate hubby, who rolls his eyes for the millionth time at my undying gratitude for the information highway at my fingertips.  (Personally I think it only intimidates him because I can be oh so much smarter than him with a simple click!)  Needless to say, I will control the keyboard, with Buck's input now and then!

So for our first (starting out slow) attempt, we're going to cold smoke steaks and then take 'em to the grill.   My dear elderly Pop is chomping at the bit for some smoked cheese, so I might give that a whirl too.  The weekend will bring a much more brave and adventurous attempt I'm certain.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself!  I gotta nail this down as huntin' season is right around the corner again, when we will want to be uber-adventurous!

Cheers, everyone, from Alberta, Canada!  Thanx for being here.  I'm really looking forward to drawing from your smokin' experience and expertise, and maybe having a little bit o' fun along the way.

Doe

GusRobin

Congratulations - just remind Pop that the cheese will need to age a while after smoking.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Buck n Doe

See? I didn't even know that the cheese needs to age after smoked.  Thanx a bunch for that GusRobin. 

ghost9mm

Welcome to a very informative forum with a very knowledgeable group that are more then willing  to help you anyway we can...there is a virtual library of information here if you are into reading..lol and if not please just ask, there are no stupid or dumb questions here...
and like Gus said age the cheese, most here vacuum seal the cheese after smoking, store in the fridge for at least two weeks..more is better...and here is a faq link that will help alot..

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=748#post748
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Buck n Doe

Thanx Ghost....appreciate the comment and the great link.  I do have a vac sealer and will definitely put it to good use.  I'm blown away by the variety of non-meat recipes Im finding here and excited to dig in.  The excitement and enthusiasm this forum generates is contagious and my creative culinary mind is spinning.

KyNola

Hey BnD, welcome to the forum my friend.  Check out the website below.  It is a link to the recipe website that one of the most senior members maintains on his server just for us.  There are numerous recipes for the Bradley and lots of other goodies and info on there.

www.susanminor.org

beefmann

congrats and welcome to the forum, a lot of good information is here. and starting  off slow is good, one thing you  will notice is  variations on a  theme, and its all on personality, taste and a different  way of doing  things,

always start at the bottom and  work up, 2 hours of smoke and adjust from there, also try different woods for different flavor.. mix and match

howlin

if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

Buck n Doe

Thanx for the awesome links and all the hard work and effort put into maintaining...
So Buck is home from work now and the smoker is ready to go, he's wondering about meat placement..if we're only smoking a handful of steaks, does it make a diff where in the smoker the meat is, top, middle or bottom...perhaps I can talk him into putting one on every shelf and we'll see what happens!

Bon Appetit!

Buck n Doe

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little