One more of you, one less of them...

Started by Mani, June 04, 2011, 03:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mani

Morning all, greetings from Manchester, England.

I bought my B.O.S a few years back, but for various reasons have only started using it yesterday. Thank you for the excellent information not hese forums, it gave me a good grounding to start.

I just started with ribs yesterday, today an experiment. One brisket on the smoker full time, the other going in for a smoke before finishing it 'sous vide' for 72 hours.  Just to see what happens.

Well, I look forward to asking various questions to those veterans on the site, oh, and the ribs were outstanding. You don't see smokers that often in the uk, but the neighbours were intrigued, then delighted when I gave them a sheet of ribs each...

Hopefull Romantic

Hi Mani and welcome to the forum. I dont think that any one on this forum has had his Bradley for years without using it so you probably holding a record at that.

Now you will be thinking of all those good meals you have missed.  ;D

Welcome again.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

3rensho

Welcome Mani.  I'm interested in your sous vide  setup.  When you get a chance can you post a few pics?

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Mani

Hi HR,

Alas, soon after I bought it, I moved to a flat (apartment?) so couldn't use it.  Now back I. The renovated house, with garden and outdoor sockets, so it's back in action!

My pain of ll those outstanding meals missed is soon to be tempered with a second sitting on those ribs!

Mani

Mani

Hi Tom,

I use a sous vide magic 1500d, with a slow cooker or crock pot, depending on what I am cooking...

Never had problem with it...  Some spectacular results.

TestRocket

Welcome Mani, glad to see your in action with that Bradley! ;D

ArnieM

Hi Mani and welcome to the forum.  My son in law is British.  When his parents come over for a visit they always look forward to something smoked.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Welcome!

Let's see that sous vide side-by-side when it is done.   I've always wanted to try that w/ my Auber and slow cooker.

ghost9mm

Welcome to a really great forum there are some really knowledgeable people here that are more then  ready to help you any way they can...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill