• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Well, shoot

Started by Tiny Tim, September 05, 2010, 02:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I had a coworker turn his busted gasser into a charcoal grill...     Tore the guts out, and put a couple hibachi-style grills in the bottom of it.

Tiny Tim

Time for an update to this thread.  Last year when the grill died, I decided to just get by with the Foreman Countertop grill for a while.  A couple of weeks ago, after my housing situation got kinda straightened out, I ordered a couple needed parts (regulator and grates), tried to put them on a week ago yesterday, but found the pipes had rusted off the burner as well, so placed the order for that last Sunday night.  Parts showed up this morning so I put the grill back together tonight, and just had my first "Real" grilled piece of meat in nearly 3 years...a NY Strip that I picked up the other evening at the grocery store.  Sorry, no pics as camera battery is currently dead (if it ain't one thing it's another around here), but, OH........MY...(sorry, went into a coma there for a minute)....GOD was it good.  Had taken it from the fridge when I had a little work to do yet on the grill, hit it with Lawry's and took it outside with me.  Cranked the grill to high and let it warm up for a while and burn some residue off the new parts, and dropped that bad boy onto it.  Used the 2-2-2-2 method (approximately), and while it may have been a little rare yet, it was AWESOME.  Only bummer is that my last bite had that little gristly piece on it, so that sucked.

All told, the parts ran about $180, but I think I added a piece or two to what I had priced last year.  About half the price I paid new for this thing around 6 or 7 years ago, so if I get another 4 years of use and 3 years of no use out of it, I'll be happy. lol

wyoduke

You go Tim glad you got some grillen in  ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill