• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Made Some Turkey Jerky

Started by devo, June 23, 2011, 10:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Thought I would try some of that turkey jerky that was posted here awhile back. Used 1 cup of Teriyaki Sauce, 1 cup of Tequila Habanero Spicy BBQ Sauce, 1 can of beer, two cups of water & cure #1. Had a turkey bolder in the freezer about 7 lbs. so I used that. Sliced it kinda thick and let sit in the fridge over night. Took it out the next day and placed onto 6 racks dripping wet from the mixture. In the bradely for 2 hours @ 120*F than bumped it up to 160*F with 3 hours smoke. Finished off @ 180*F. Took almost 8.5 hours. Its almost all gone except for this little plate. I brought some to work and nobody could tell me what kind of meat it was but all said it was very good and cleaned it up in no time.

RossP

Now that looks yummy. Care to share some :D

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

devo

Sure. I just made another batch this afternoon. My son in law took most of that but I still ave a brown paper bag full. Funny when I ask if they know what kinda meat it is most everyone will say Ham.  ;D

squirtthecat

I need to try this now.....    You had me at 'turkey boulder'.   ;D

pikeman_95

SoCalBuilder

Turkey Jerky has just gained ranking on the to-do list. Made some not-so-great pork loin jerky last week. The element went out on the OBS and I made a valiant effort to do it on my Lynx gas grill. Edible, but not as good as the last batch. Did the 900 watt upgrade and will put it to the test with Canadian Bacon. Turkey Jerky isn't far behind!!