• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Smoker in New Windsor, NY

Started by thejammy, June 13, 2011, 10:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejammy

;D

Hello fellow Bradley Smoker Enthusiasts and Professional Pitmasters. I Just wanted to let you know I am really new to smoking meats/fruits/veggies/seafood/cheeses.

I bought a OBS, got the cover , sampler pack, bubba pucks (3pack) Maverick Digital Thermometer. I did not get the PID, as I am not sure how much I am going to need it. I still am not sure how it intergrates into the cooking process.

I do have a question, I did not see in my search, where the best place to put my smoker.

I did see that a cart ( holds 50lbs or more) would be best. 33 inches off the ground and level. But, I don't have a cart or table that can do that now. I have wooden deck.  The plug is near the vinly siding. Is the smoker going to put out enough heat in where I should keep it away from the vinly siding?

I had a problem when a family member warped it with my Charbroil Gas grill, but that was really hot temperatures.

I look forward to utilizing the services of this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Tenpoint5

Welcome aboard!!

The Bradley itself shouldn't hurt your siding in any way. You will be fine setting it on the deck for now. Most of us put them on carts so we dont have to bend over while putting food in. Less chance of spilling what it is your smoking.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 13, 2011, 12:34:28 PM
Welcome aboard!!

The Bradley itself shouldn't hurt your siding in any way. You will be fine setting it on the deck for now. Most of us put them on carts so we dont have to bend over while putting food in. Less chance of spilling what it is your smoking.

I second what tenpointfive said. It was only by trial and error that I found the most suitable place for my smoker. Just look forward for the goodies it will produce and the place for it will dawn onto you.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ghost9mm

Welcome to a really great forum...I just bought a inexpensive table at Sam's Club and the table can be adjusted up and down...it wasn't expensive...the table gives me some working space...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

welcome aboard,

as for the smoker putting out  enough heat to damage your vinyl siding..  no  it wont, how ever the  smoke will condense on it and  distort the color.

here might be a good idea that should  work for you

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581.0

it houses the smoker and gives you  storage as well. plus you  can have it away from your  home and not worry about weather

TestRocket

Welcome! I second what everybody else says about not worrying about the cabinet heat and wanted to show you this little wire shelf I picked up cheap from Home Depot. I use two straps to hold it inplace:

thejammy

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I loved the shed/refrigerator/storage unit idea.

I will have to look into that in the future.

I did find the table I wanted, at Sam's Club. It is a stainless steel table that hold like 500lbs per shelf. More than enought to handle what I want.  In my store it was like $99.

Thanks for the tips about the siding and the discoloration. I have to look to see if I can place it far enough, I should be able.

Looking forward to getting my smoke on.

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

smoker pete

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

thejammy

Got the smoker today. I am so excited. Unfortunately I won't have any real time until the weekend. I got some extra assorted packs from Gander Mtn. They had them for 20% for Father's day weekend.

I will post pics later when I get everything unpackaged.