• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another Newby!

Started by Mach1, July 17, 2011, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach1

After looking and debating I finally made the jump and bought the OBS, now I'm trying t decide which PID to get and I'm pretty sure I'm getting this http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=151 is this a good choice?

Right now I mainly plan on doing briskets and ribs, I have a highly addictive personality, so I'm sure I'll end up getting hooked to doing other things, so I'm trying to figure out all the terms and what to do, like FTC and all the other things is there a post or somewhere I can learn all the tricks of the trade?

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

beefmann

welcome to the forum,

first things first we cook low, slow and long, not at mach 1  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

as for the auber pids all are good and good to have. I believe it is a personal choice. Mine is custom built  with a timer and pid.

look at them all and enjoy

muebe

to the forum!

I have that PID and I am very happy with it. It is plug and play installation. Gives you great control over the smoker. I you do get it make sure to get the free hanging temp probe and not the mounted one ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

GusRobin

Go here for the recipe site that also has a thread on FAQs

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a very nice forum, folks here will go out of there way to help you anyway they can...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

brogers

Welcome aboard.  I just joined also and the folks on the forum are great!

Brian

DoYouSmellSmoke?

muebe:
Just received my Auber today, and ordered the free hanging probe, mainly because I didn't want to perform surgery on my new OBS. But I have to ask: why is the cabinet mounted probe a bad idea?

muebe

Quote from: DoYouSmellSmoke? on July 21, 2011, 09:48:33 PM
muebe:
Just received my Auber today, and ordered the free hanging probe, mainly because I didn't want to perform surgery on my new OBS. But I have to ask: why is the cabinet mounted probe a bad idea?

When you are measuring cabinet temperature with a load of meat the only place to get a accurate reading is below the meat. If you are at level or above the meat you are going to get a lower temp reading because the meat is absorbing the energy(that is why the door thermometer reads low). With the mounted probe you will not be able to get the reading below the meat. The dangler allows you to position the probe wherever you need to ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)